FACTS ABOUT INDOOR AIR QUALITY (IAQ)
- Children and elderly are especially affected by polluted indoor air
(Dept. of Consumer Affairs)
- Most people spend 60% to 90% of their time indoors (American Lung Association)
- 50% of all illnesses are either caused by, or aggravated by, polluted indoor air
(American College of Allergists)
The level of some hazardous pollutants in indoor air has been found to be up to 70
times greater than in outdoor air (US EPA)
Studies have shown that two out of three indoor air quality problems involve
the HVAC system
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies
- One out of six people who suffer from allergies do so because of the
direct relationship of fungi and bacteria in air duct systems
(Total Health & Better Health Magazines)
- 10 to 12 million Americans suffer from Asthma (American College of Allergists)
WHOLE HOUSE HUMIDIFIERS
Often, Doctors have mentioned dry air as one of the causes for nose, throat
and other physical aggravations.
The recommended indoor relative humidity is 30%-35%.
Not all humidifiers have the capacity to reach these levels.
Heated air dries out and shrinks wood framing around doors and window frames.
Gaps occur, permitting cold outside air infiltration.
Heat loss and higher heating costs are often the results.
A house with humidification will feel warmer at a cooler operating temperature,
thus creating savings towards your utility bill.
Home Page |
Our Company |
Did You Know
Air Quality |