Transitioning Your Heat Pump
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid” _builder_version=”3.0.63″] As cooler fall temperatures approach here in Owensboro, you will need to transition your heat pump from being a cooling source to supplying heat. It is time to schedule maintenance before temperatures drop and you need the heating system to function properly.
Some Things You Can do at Home:
- Replace the air filter.
- Remove any growth from a two to three foot area around the outdoor section of your heat pump.
- Clean out the coils before cold weather makes this difficult.
- Check your thermostat settings and adjust for cold weather.
- Flush and clean the drain line. Remember to prime the trap, if necessary.
- If your unit uses electric heat, check all of the wiring for discoloration and heat damage.
Things You Should Leave to the Professionals:
- Have the refrigerant checked to ensure there is a safe level. Refrigerant levels need to remain consistent, even in the cold weather.
- Electrical connections will be inspected to check for exposed wiring or loose connections.
- Blower motor should be oiled. Blower wheels should be inspected for balance.
- A professional will check the energy efficiency of your unit. If any problems are present, they should be repaired before operating the heating system.
- Check and clean the evaporator coils.
Contact UsTransitioning your heat pump to heat for fall and winter by performing the necessary maintenance tasks will minimize the risk of a breakdown, improve indoor air quality, and extend the life of your system components. If you would like to schedule maintenance, call us at 270-685-3000 or request service online today! We provide service to Owensboro, Utica, Philpot, and the surrounding Kentucky communities. [/et_pb_text][et_pb_cta saved_tabs=”advanced,css” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”off” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_use_icon=”default” button_icon_placement=”right” button_on_hover=”on” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”ctaModule” title=”Need HVAC Service?” button_url=”https://comfort-design.com/request-service/” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”Request Service Now” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#777676″ background_layout=”dark” text_orientation=”center” global_module=”122″]
Contact the experts![/et_pb_cta][et_pb_text admin_label=”Local SEO” saved_tabs=”all” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” global_module=”124″ /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]]]>