The Importance of Air Conditioning Maintenance
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” border_style=”solid” _builder_version=”3.0.49″] When the temperatures in Owensboro, Kentucky, head to the top of the thermometer, it’s not the time for your air conditioner to be on the blink. Regular annual maintenance on your AC will go a long way in preventing that situation from happening. Just as your car requires regular maintenance to keep running smoothly and efficiently, so does your AC. Keeping current on its upkeep helps to ensure its efficiency, dependability, and longevity.
What is the Best Time of Year for Maintenance?The best time of year to have your AC serviced is spring, even if you reside in a locale with pretty warm weather all year long. It’s best to have your investment protected before the temperatures hit those triple digits.
What Does my Technician Do During a Maintenance Visit?
- Clean the AC’s evaporator and condenser coils Keeping the coils clean helps to keep your AC’s ability to cool your home at a maximum and prevent the system from running longer than needed, thus cutting down on your energy costs.
- Clean and adjust the blower components for proper system airflow This helps create increased comfort levels.
- Check your AC’s ducts for debris Upon finding any, cleaning them to allow the maximum airflow. When the debris remains, it can back up into your system, resulting in damage.
- Check the aluminum fins. They’re located at the rear of the unit and can become bent or crushed when objects touch them. This reduces the overall efficiency of the unit.
- Inspect the internal parts for broken, chipped, or otherwise damaged parts If your AC continues to run with damaged spots, it will eventually cause your system to fail.
- Check the coolant level for leaks If there are leaks, your AC won’t be able to work and the leaking coolant could damage anything it comes in contact with.
- Check your system’s thermostat Thermostats can be touchy and register incorrect temperatures, resulting in your AC delivering too much air or not enough.
- Check the unit’s seals If the seals are loose, cold air can leak into the walls and not make it to its target––inside your home, where you want it. In this scenario, the seals need to be replaced.
Contact UsYour air conditioner is an investment worth protecting for many factors. Keeping up with the recommended annual maintenance does save you money long term by spotting potential needed repairs, preventing your AC from operating in a less-than-energy-efficient mode, and allowing your system to work for you in a long-life capacity. Call Comfort Design to make your maintenance appointment now. Our technicians are happy to answer any questions you may have as well. We provide service to Owensboro, Philpot, Utica, and the surrounding Kentucky communities. [/et_pb_text][et_pb_cta admin_label=”Call To Action” saved_tabs=”advanced,css” border_style=”solid” custom_button=”on” button_letter_spacing=”0″ button_icon_placement=”right” button_letter_spacing_hover=”0″ module_class=”ctaModule” title=”Need Air Conditioning Service?” button_url=”https://comfort-design.com/request-service/” url_new_window=”off” button_text=”Request Service Now” use_background_color=”on” background_color=”#777676″ background_layout=”dark” global_module=”122″ header_font=”|on|||” body_font=”|on|||” button_text_color=”#ffffff” button_border_color=”#ffffff” button_font=”|on|||” button_text_color_hover=”#ffffff” button_border_color_hover=”#ffffff” _builder_version=”3.0.49″]
Contact the experts![/et_pb_cta][et_pb_text admin_label=”Local SEO” saved_tabs=”all” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid” global_module=”124″ /][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]]]>